Clinic management and staff training can make all the difference in Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
People who have Duchenne muscular dystrophy have multiple areas of need for evaluation and treatment. Healthcare professionals working with this diagnosis must not only understand Duchenne within their own scope of practice but must take into account how co-morbidities and pharmaceutical side effects will affect their plan of care.
A clinic, well prepared with staff who have advanced their education on Duchenne muscular dystrophy is invaluable to these patients. There are new discoveries and changing standards of care in this field all the time and it can be difficult to maintain up-to-date information for clinic staff. CureDuchenne continues to offer in-person and online training modules to help allied healthcare professionals seeking a greater and more current understanding of this diagnosis and proper treatment options.
CureDuchenne Professional Education Program
CureDuchenne offers a high-level program of educational opportunities and resources for therapy clinics and allied healthcare professionals who treat those with Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Our goal is to help improve the lives of those living with Duchenne by advancing the knowledge of those who are treating them.
Featured Educational Programming:
“Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Treatment Update”
- Staff in-service course
- 2-hour Virtual course with accompanying references and resource documents followed up by 1 hour live Q&A with course instructor
- Cost: $225
- Pre-approval for CEUs is available at an additional cost
- Topics include multidisciplinary standards of care and implications of co-morbid conditions on therapy treatment followed by evidenced based evaluation and treatment and patient resources.
- Download brochure HERE
- This course is most appropriate for Allied Healthcare Professionals and clinic teams (Physical and Occupational Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists)
At the conclusion of this course, the participant will:
- Given a patient scenario which identifies the stage of the disease, correctly choose 2 options for evidence-based treatment interventions.
- Prescribe 3 appropriate exercises for individuals with Duchenne at various stages of the disease.
- Correctly list 2 co-morbid conditions which may be present and related to the Duchenne muscular dystrophy pathology.
- Identify 3 resources for additional Duchenne updates and assistance for patients.
“Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: Current understanding and treatment”
- Full length course pre-approved for CEUs for PTs in all 50 states and available in-person and online.
- Topics include diagnosis, evaluation, treatment, and equipment
- This course is most appropriate for PTs, OTs, SLPs, Nurses and Healthcare Providers
Become a CureDuchenne Certified Physical Therapist
- All PTs who complete the in-person or online, “Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: Current understanding and treatment” course qualify to apply for the CureDuchenne Certified Physical Therapist certification
- For more information on the benefits of this program: https://www.neuromusculared.org/certification