Join CureDuchenne for a live Twitter chat with special guest Dr. Perry Shieh from the Center for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy at UCLA
CureDuchenne is hosting a Twitter chat #DuchenneChat on September 20 at 11 a.m. PDT/2 p.m. EDT to raise awareness and address the important issues facing the Duchenne community.
This Twitter chat will be an opportunity to hear from patients, parents, caregivers and will feature our special guest Perry Shieh, MD, practicing clinician at the Center for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy at UCLA, a certified Duchenne Care Center. Topics will include disease progression, treatment landscape, new research, available support groups and more.
Twitter has an active Duchenne community and this is your way to join the conversation! Anyone can take part- all you have to do is log into your Twitter account and post your comments or questions along with the hashtag #DuchenneChat. If you don’t already have a Twitter account, you can still follow the conversation by heading over to Twitter and typing #DuchenneChat in the search bar.
Here’s how to participate:
- Log into your Twitter account.
- Type #DuchenneChat in the search box on the upper right hand corner.
- You can click “Top” to see the most popular tweets using the hashtag. Click “Latest” to see the most recent tweets using the hashtag.
- You can reply to any question or ask another one in response as often as you like, but be sure to use the hashtag #DuchenneChat in all of your tweets to be a part of the live chat. If you don’t include the hashtag, the chat participants will not see your tweets.
We’ll be tweeting from @CureDuchenne.
We’d love to hear from you at email@example.com if you plan to participate or if you have any questions about joining. See you there!
* Note: If you have a private account on Twitter, the only people who will see your tweets during a Twitter chat are the accounts following you. To participate in this chat, you should switch your profile to public so Dr. Shieh and the Duchenne community can hear from you. After the chat is over, feel free to switch your account back to private.